- Accommodation on double occupancy basis.
- Daily breakfast at your hotels.
- Services of local English speaking-certified-guides.
- Admission tickets to the museum and monument except for the camera fee.
- Elephant ride at Amer fort if you wish
- Shared boat ride at Lake Pichola in Udaipur.
- Transport will be using the air-conditioned vehicle.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Intra-airfare Udaipur-Delhi.
The trip does not include
- India visa fee.
- International airfare
- Items of personal nature like drinks, laundry, telephone calls, tips, camera fees, etc.
- Car at disposal or any sightseeing on leisure days unless specified above.
- Early check-in or a late checkout room (s) at any hotel (s) unless specified above.
- Liability for change in itinerary due to reasons beyond our control like change in flight and train schedule, natural phenomenon, etc.
- Any supplement charges for New Year or Christmas.
- Any airfare – international or domestic.
- Camera/video camera fee at monuments.
- Any other item not specifically mentioned above as 'INCLUDED.'
Trip Difficulty Level
This trip is a motor vehicle-based tour, suitable for travelers of all ages with regular health conditions. Some monuments, forts or castles visit might require climbing stairs. Please, do not expect elevators or escalators. Subject to availability, you may have an opportunity to experience an elephant ride or camel ride, etc. You will have game drives in Ranthambore National Park
This trip does not involve any strenuous hiking or climbing. However, we have some long day drives. But we will have ample opportunities to stop on the way to stretch our legs.
Life on the Trip
A cultural sightseeing day, depending on the season, starts between 8.30 am to 9 am. We are picked up at our hotel by our guide and driver. We visit the sights and monuments or participate in activities, and we will have a lunch break around noon to 1 pm. After lunch, we again embark on the tour for 2 to 3 hours, and we are brought back to our hotel late afternoon, and our guide will generally leave us free. We will have time to take rest, write diaries, or wander about ourselves.
When we are driving from one city to another, we usually spend 4-5 hours on the road with occasional stops for photography and drinks and snacks. Some days can be longer. Some forts require climbing of stairs unless you want to stay behind with the driver.
We try our best to adhere to the itinerary, but it should be taken as a general guideline or scope of activities rather than an inflexible series of events and depending on the local conditions or time factor; it can change from the exact sight to see to the precise city to stop.
The accommodations in this trip are comfortable mid-range hotels, some of which are heritage properties. You will have a private bathroom with running hot and cold water. In Pushkar, accommodation will be in a deluxe tent with an en suite bathroom.
We use local, certified guides for sightseeing and explorations. All guides university graduates trained and certified by local tourism authorities. They are knowledgeable, friendly, and flexible. They will show you the wonders of the areas that you would never discover on your own and also share their knowledge of Indian history, culture, and religion. Your guide carries the necessary vouchers for the hotels and will buy admission tickets where appropriate. The tour guide and the driver are not the same people.
Depending on the group size, Far & High will use air-conditioned SUV's, Mini Van's, or coaches for all transfers and tours. Our drivers are friendly locals with years of experience in driving vehicle in the tourism and hospitality industry. Your driver may have limited English speaking skills.
International and Internal Airfares
You may purchase your international airfare to India and return on your own. If you do need any help with this, you may certainly feel free to contact us, and we will take care of the internal airfares for you.
We request a deposit of US$ 300 with a completed booking form and a passport scan to secure your place in the trip. The second payment will be for the internal airfares that we will advise once we book the reservation for you. The balance payment is due 90 days before your arrival in India. Credit card payment other than the initial deposit attracts an additional fee of 3.5%.
We will email you a detailed trip dossier with your confirmed list of hotels, services, and travel notes within 2-3 weeks upon booking.
- Ninety days before departure: Administrative fee US$ 150 per person.
- 60-89 day's prior departure: US$ 250 or 25% of the land cost whichever is higher.
- Forty-five days to 59 days before departure: US$ 450 or 50% of the land cost whichever is higher.
- Thirty days to 44 days before departure: US$ 600 or 75% of the land cost whichever is higher.
- Less than 30 days: 100%.
Travel Protection Plan
While we plan and do our best to make your trip smooth and seamless, there may be chances of unforeseen events and conditions such as illness, accident, inclement weather, flight cancellation, missed-connection, or loss of baggage. That may cause interruption or travel delays or total abandonment of your trip, putting your hard earned travel investment in jeopardy. It’s also possible that you may need medical assistance, emergency evacuation, or medical transportation when you get ill or if you are involved in an accident while you are traveling in remote areas. Far & High’s Tour cost does not cover any of these expenses or losses, so, we strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance to protect your travel investment and cover the unexpected costs.