- Accommodation on a choice of superior or deluxe category hotels as listed in the itinerary.
- Daily breakfast in the hotel.
- All transfers and tours by a private vehicle.
- English speaking local guides.
- Sightseeing admission fees.
- Internal airfares Yangon-Bagan-Mandalay and Heho-Yangon.
- All sightseeing, cruise, and hikes per itinerary.
Cost Does Not Include
- Lunch and dinner.
- International airfare to Yangon and return.
- Airport taxes.
- Drinks, tipping, laundry, phone, and other expenses of personal nature.
- Extra expenses or loss due to nature and unforeseen events due to nature and unforeseen circumstances such as flight cancellation, illness, accident, civil unrest, etc.
- Travel insurance.
Note on the Itinerary
We will try our best to adhere to the itinerary. But for various reasons such as flight cancellation, weather problem, or other causes beyond our control, the itinerary is subject to change. The hotels listed are our preferred properties and are subject to change.
Best time to Travel
The best time to travel to Myanmar is from November through February. The weather is wonderfully cool both during the day and at night. You will enjoy beautiful sunny days. The country is vibrant green right after the long monsoon rains. The chances of rain are very slim or none. October and March are also beautiful but slightly warmer. The hottest months are April and May, temperature exceeding 100 °F, particularly the areas of Bagan and May and also the humidity is very high. The monsoon begins from mid-May or early June and lasts through early summer. During monsoon time, it's a bit cooler, but the roads become impassable.
Passport, Visa and Travel Documents
You will need to apply for Myanmar Visa beforehand from the nearest Myanmar Embassy. Remaining validity on your passport must be six months on the last date of the tour. Make sure you have enough blank pages for visa stickers, arrival, and departure seals.
Accommodation will be in the choice of your first class or superior and deluxe hotels and best available and the best possible in the remote areas with limited options. All the hotels do provide an en suite bathroom with running hot and cold water.
Trip includes daily breakfast only in the hotel. Usually, there will be full breakfast, but some hotels do provide continental half breakfast only. During the tour, there will be lunch breaks. You need to budget US$ 12-15 per meal.
Your tour is escorted by English speaking local Guides whom you will meet at the airport upon arrival. Guide and driver are not the same people. And guides in different cities will be different persons, especially when you are taking flight from one city to another.
Depending on the group size, we use Japanese or Korean made Sedan Cars, SUV, Minivan, or coach. Our vehicles are clean, well maintained, and drivers are trained to drive western travelers.
Trip Difficulty Level
This is a motor vehicle-based tour, suitable for travelers of all ages with a normal health condition. There are some easy walks in the markets, lakeshores, and village. No strenuous hiking or adventures are involved in this trip. But travelers are advised to stay fit and start some mild exercises like jogging, swimming, cycling at least 2-3 months ahead of the trip. The more physically fit you are, the more you will enjoy the journey.
Booking and Cancellation
When you are sure you are traveling, please don't delay in booking. The internal flights are the key factor in determining whether your trip can be realized or not. We request you for a non-refundable deposit of US$ 300 at the time of booking. It is possible to charge the deposit on your credit card.
Balance payment is due 90 days before your departure. Depending on the number of applicants, we may set an early payment date. Credit card payment attracts an additional fee of 3.5%.
- One hundred eighty days prior departure: No penalty unless stated as non-refundable.
- Ninety days prior departure: Administrative fee US$ 150 per person.
- Sixty - Eighty-nine day's prior departure: US$ 300 or 25% of the land cost whichever is higher.
- Forty-five days to Fifty-nine days prior departure: US$ 450 or 50% of the land cost whichever is higher.
- Thirty days to Forty-four days prior departure: US$ 600 or 75% of the land cost whichever is higher.
- Less than thirty days: 100%.
Travel Protection Plan
While we plan and do our best to make your trip smooth and seamless, there may be chances of unforeseen events and conditions such as illness, accident, inclement weather, and flight cancellation or missed connection or loss of baggage, etc. It may cause interruption or delay or total cancellation of your trip, putting your hard-earned travel investment in jeopardy. It’s also possible that you may need medical assistance, emergency evacuation, or medical transportation when you get ill or involve in an accident when you are traveling in remote areas. Far & High’s tour cost does not cover any of these expenses or losses. We strongly recommend that you should protect yourself and your travel investment against those unfavorable conditions.